The Commission’s Board of Directors is looking for an Administrative Assistant to the Board. Pay is competitive based on candidate’s experience. Click here to download the AAB Job Application. Please send the application with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. For futher information, call Mary Langworthy at 505.500.8065 or fill out the form below the Job Description.
JOB DESCRIPTION: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO THE BOARD
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Administrative Assistant to the Board (AAB) will perform administrative duties for the Board of Directors, including communicating with members, taking and distributing minutes, bookkeeping, banking, record-keeping, and coordinating Reviews. The AAB will support through tone and work the Board’s efforts to perform its duties with grace, transparency, simplicity, and unity.
This job description lists the essential functions, but does not necessarily describe all the duties. The AAB may be asked by the Board of Directors to perform other duties as assigned.
Administrative (under the supervision of the Board President)
- Maintain a member organization and contact list.
- Update the Christian Science Publishing Society with member organization information as needed.
- Maintain a contact list for committees.
- Maintain a list of nominating organizations.
- Coordinate elections and referendums as directed by the Board.
- Keep minutes of Board meetings and member meetings.
- Distribute Board agendas and minutes to member organizations per Board policy.
- Receive and send correspondence.
- Answer Commission phone and direct callers to the appropriate individual.
- Provide information on standards, what The Commission does, and location of Christian Science nursing organizations to outside entities or individuals.
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned.
Website, Reviews and Records (under the supervision of the Clerk and/or Board technical contact)
- Coordinate Reviews process.
- Assure website information is current and accurate; coordinate placement of information at the website.
- Maintain official Commission records, including standards.
Bookkeeping and Banking (under the supervision of the Treasurer)
- Collect and deposit dues and other receipts.
- Perform bookkeeping tasks using QuickBooks Online, including inputting deposits, credit card receipts, and bills for Treasurer to pay.
- Assist Treasurer in budget preparation.
AREAS OF NON-RESPONSIBILITY
- Interpreting (as opposed to explaining) accreditation standards
- Serving as an expert or research specialist into laws and regulations that might affect accreditation
- Serving as spokesperson for Christian Science nursing or Christian Science nursing organizations
- Developing policies
- Educating new EDs, DCSNs or Trustees
- Participating in reviews
- Training reviewers
- Serving as a point of contact for The Mother Church, Federal Office, or the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- Testifying as an authority in potential legal cases
- Handling complaint resolution
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Strong Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, Outlook (or other email program)
- Ability to write clearly, gracefully and professionally
- Accurate reporting of meeting minutes
- Verbal communication talent, including a pleasant phone demeanor
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines with little supervision
- Keen interest in assisting others
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Membership in The Mother Church and Christian Science branch church or society; class instruction from an authorized Christian Science teacher is preferred but not required
- Normally the AAB would work from home.
- The AAB’s home address serves as the physical office address for The Commission. (The Commission maintains a post office box for routine correspondence.)
- On occasion, job may entail some travel.
- This is not a contract for employment
- Either the AAB or The Commission may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
- The Commission has the right to revise these duties at any time.
If you would like to apply for this position, send your application with your resume to email@example.com. For further information, call Mary Langworthy at 505.500.8065 or fill out the form below.